First Time Homebuyer Programs
If you haven't owned a home in 3 years... Read this!
Most of the first time homebuyer programs only require that you haven't owned a home within the last three years! If this describes you and you would like to buy a home, please read on.
There are numerous programs available for the purchase of homes in Pinellas County including grants and low-interest loans and no-interest loans. There is downpayment assistance up to $50,000. There are programs for people at most income levels, so don't think you do not qualify unless you have first spoken with a mortgage broker or loan officer who knows.
Some of the programs are "by city", which means that you can get more (or less) depending on the city your house will be in. There are also some special "target areas" where there is more money/assistance available to people moving into those areas.
Call me or contact me via email if you would like to purchase a home and you want to find out more about how these programs can help YOU.
Some links of interest on this topic
- Pinellas County, Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation Homeownership Assistance Program (HAP) (727) 442-7075
- Clearwater Down Payment/Closing Cost Assistance Program (DPCCA) (727) 562-4030
- St. Petersburg Hope VI Program (HVI) (727) 893-7615
- St. Petersburg W.I.N Homebuyers Down payment & Closing Cost Assistance Program (WIN) (727) 893-7247
- Hillsborough County Heritage Housing Inc First Time Homebuyer Program (FTHP) (813) 961-5990
- Hillsborough County Housing & Education Alliance First Time Homebuyers Program (813) 744-5557
- Hillsborough County Tampa Bay CDC Assistance Program (AP) (813) 744-5557
- Tampa Deferred Payment Loan (DPL) (813) 274-7977
- Pasco County Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP) (813) 847-8970
City of St. Petersburg, W.I.N. Home Buyer Loan Program
St. Petersburg offers a variety of financial assistance programs available to qualified home buyers who purchase within the city limits.
Other links that may be of interest to First Time Homebuyers
- Government Funding Agencies:
- Downpayment Assitance Programs:
- Homebuyer & Credit Counseling Services & Homebuyer Education Workshops:
- Other County Programs:
© 2014 Ruth Lorenzen. All rights reserved.